In this article, we will explain step by step instructions to Chromecast mobdro to TV. This guide will work with Chromecast (1st/2nd/3rd-gen), Chromecast Ultra, as well as all the smart TVs with Chromecast built-in.
There are many third-party streaming apps that offer live TV and on-demand content for free. However, the vast majority of these apps are quite unreliable in terms of content delivery, and the stream quality is a hit or miss.
However, Mobdro is a prime exception in that regard, offering free video streams of movies, shows, sports, live TV channels, and more. It doesn’t provide the best stream quality, but you can expect to watch content on-demand and live content in up to 1080p Full HD.
In terms of live TV channels, Mobdro doesn’t have a curated list of it. However, you get access to dozens of entertainment, sports, news, kids, educational, and foreign channels for free.
As long as a stream is publicly broadcasted on the internet, Mobdro can find it for you. It’s basically an indexed search tool that continuously scrapes free video streams and makes them available to you. If a movie or show is available for direct streaming, Mobdro will show you a list of streams you can playback directly from the built-in stream player.
Whether you have a dedicated Chromecast dongle plugged to your television or use a TV with Chromecast built-in, you can cast Mobdro streams directly from your Android smartphone. While it wasn’t possible with the previous versions, the latest Mobdro update comes with the Cast feature. You can read on through this guide to Chromecast Mobdro to TV.
Before we get to the process or casting Mobdro on Chromecast devices, here are some things you have to confirm:
- Install the latest version of Mobdro on your Android device from the official website, mobdro.bz. There’s a separate set of instructions below in case you haven’t installed Mobdro yet.
- Make sure that your Chromecast device and Android smartphone is connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Also, the devices should be in close range to each other. Otherwise, the stream quality will drop.
- You at least need 15mbps of network bandwidth to stream content in 1080p resolution.
Install Mobdro on your Android Mobile / Tablet
The following steps will show how you can install the latest version of Mobdro on your Android mobile or tablet:
- First, launch a web browser (preferably Chrome) from the app drawer.
- Visit mobdro.bz and tap Download The App link. The Mobdro APK file should start downloading.
- When the download finishes, tap Open in the pop-up box under the browser window.
- If you see a message regarding unknown app installations from Chrome, tap Settings, then toggle on the slider for Allow from this source on the following page.
- Return to the browser window and tap Install. Mobdro should get installed on your Android device in a minute or so.
If your device runs an older version of Android, go to Settings > Security and tap the slider next to Unknown sources. After that, you will be able to sideload the Mobdro APK without issues.
How to Chromecast Mobdro to TV
Assuming that you have the latest version of Mobdro (version 2.1.92 at the time of the writing), casting Mobdro streams on Chromecast from Android devices is a straightforward process. Here’s how to do it:
- First, check if your Chromecast device is turned on and connected to your Wi-Fi network.
- Next, launch the Mobdro app on your Android mobile or tablet.
- Now tap the Cast icon on the top navigation bar of the app and select your Chromecast device.
- After that, find a stream from the categories or search for your preferred content. Once you tap on a stream, it will begin playing back on your TV via Chromecast.
- You can use the playback controls in the Mobdro Android app to pause/play, fast-forward, or rewind the stream.
If you want to stop casting the Mobdro stream on your Chromecast, tap the Cast icon above the app window, then tap Disconnect.
Troubleshoot Mobdro Stream Issues on Chromecast
Here are some troubleshooting tips for the most common issues with Mobdro streams on Chromecast:
- If the audio is way out of sync with the video stream, then tap the hamburger icon on the top left corner of the Mobdro window, then tap Settings. From the following window, go to Display & Sounds > Audio > Surround Sound, and set it to Stereo. Note that it will disable multi-channel audio in the stream.
- In case the stream is buffering frequently, restart your Wi-Fi router and reconnect your Android device and Chromecast to the network. It’s also possible that the bandwidth usage for the stream is limited, so you should try out other stream links from the Mobdro app.
- If the Mobdro app shows the “Check your connection” message, reinstall it on your Android device or check for the latest update.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Should I enable the NO ADS option in the Mobdro app?
No, you shouldn’t enable the NO ADS option, as the Mobdro app is pre-configured to use your device resources to mine cryptocurrencies.
It will not only impact your Android phone/tablet’s battery life but also affect the device performance. Having advertisements in the app is a much better option to support the developers, and the ads won’t show up in your Chromecast stream anyways.
2. I’m currently using an older version of Mobdro. Should I uninstall it and install the latest version?
You don’t have necessarily uninstall the Mobdro app unless you get the “App not installed” error message when trying to sideload the latest APK file. Other than that, you can install the updated version of Mobdro, which will overwrite the older version, as well as keep your settings and watchlists untouched.
3. I have an iPhone/iPad device. Is it possible to get Mobdro on it?
Unfortunately, the Mobdro app is available only for Android devices. According to the developer, there are no plans to make the app available for the iOS ecosystem anytime soon, given the restrictions of Apple’s software platform.
Related – How to Watch Sky Go on Chromecast
Mobdro is an excellent media streaming tool for those who are looking to watch free live TV channels, sports streams, and on-demand content. If this guide has helped you cast Mobdro to TV from the Mobdro Android app to Chromecast devices, please leave your genuine feedback in the comments below so that we can cover more guides like this in the near future.