Struggling to find the Best Cassette Players? Browse our top picks of the most selling Cassette Players available right now in the UK.
Before the digital revolution, cassette players were the portable devices people carried to tune into their favourite albums and mixes on the go. If you are an ‘80s kid, odds are you have had one of these in your backpack or pocket for a while.
Today in this age of Hi-Fi music streaming services, cassettes are no longer the music format that melomaniacs once cared for. But just like vinyl turntables, there’s still a niche market for cassette players. It’s great for those who wish to revisit their vintage collection of big ’80s and ‘90s hits or the mixtapes they created three or four decades ago.
Whatever the case might be, you have come here in search of the best cassette players in the UK, so let’s not waste any more time and dive right into our picks.
List of the Best Cassette Players UK
Best Cassette Players Reviews
Some of you would be surprised to find out that it’s still possible to purchase a brand-new cassette player from Amazon UK. Most of them are also available at surprisingly affordable prices, especially considering how small the target audience is for what essentially are players for a long obsolete music format.
1. Digitnow! Portable Cassette Player
- Easy to Operate: With Audacity software, you could convert old mix tapes and cassette to MP3 via USB on iPod/MP3 player or burn to CD.
- Portable Design: Compact Size and suitable weightmake you could listen to the cassette music anywhere with this Cassette Walkman
- Supports External Player: WIth earphone included, you could listen to music in cassette via 3.5mm earphone jack directly or connect to more profession extermal music player.
This portable cassette player from Digitnow is quite a popular seller on Amazon mainly because of its price tag. The compact and lightweight design is reminiscent of ‘80s popular cassette players, and the metal casing gives it a premium look and feel.
One of the key selling points of the Digitnow player is its ability to convert old cassettes and mixtapes to MP3 file format, which you can then listen to from your smartphone and other modern devices. All it requires is a USB connection to a Windows or Mac computer, and the Audacity software (software CD w/ manual included) will do the job.
Powering the Digitnow cassette player requires two AA batteries. The 3.5mm auxiliary output lets you connect earphones, headphones, and speakers. The player doesn’t have a speaker built-in, but the included pair of earphones will get you started.
|Fair price||Slightly noisy output|
|Compact design||No built-in speaker|
|Converts cassettes to digital MP3 format|
2. Groov-e GVPS525SR Retro Personal Cassette Player
- BUILT-IN SPEAKER AND MIC - This personal cassette player also acts as a recorder so you can record yourself singing if you wish to, record and listen back to your performance
- EARPHONES INCLUDED - Earphones are included with this personal cassette player so as soon as you open it up you can kick back, relax and start listening to your tapes/AM/FM radio straight away
- AM/FM RADIO - This cassette player also features AM/FM radio stations that you can tune into - Perfect for listening to in the morning or on your daily commute
The Groov-e Retro cassette player not only plays vintage tapes but also doubles as a recorder, meaning you can record yourself singing and listen back to it from either the 3.5mm output or the built-in speaker. It also has FM radio built-in so that you can tune into your favourite radio stations. The supplied pair of earphones are far from sounding good, but you can at least use them as the radio antenna.
We included the Groov-e Retro player on this list for its sleek and stylish design. The blend of black and silver colours and the tactile physical buttons give it the look and feel of retro cassette players from the ‘90s. And for the price, there isn’t much to complain about the build quality.
The two AA batteries that power the cassette player don’t come in the box. You can also use its 3V DC port, though Groov-e doesn’t include a mains adaptor for it.
|Retro design||Quiet output|
|Built-in FM radio||The included earphones sound terrible|
|Integrated speaker and mic|
3. Sony CFD-S70 Boombox
- Full range 2 x 1.7 W stereo RMS output with MEGA BASS; FM/AM tuner with digital tuning and 30 stations presets
- Play CD-R/RW and MP3 CDs with shuffle, program functions and a sleep timer
- Built-in cassette tape deck with recording function
Sony entered the audio player market way before everyone else, and it still is the king of consumer-grade audio devices. While the CFD-S70 boombox is nowhere near as portable as the previous two picks, its full-range 1.7 W stereo RMS output is worth the extra bulk. The integrated handle makes it easy to carry around the house.
Not only does the CFD-S70 feature a cassette tape deck with a built-in recording function, but it’s also capable of playing back MP3 CDs. It has a 3.5mm stereo output for headphones, earphones, and speakers. You can also plug an external MP3 player into the boombox and use it as a speaker.
Some of CFD-S70’s neat features include an auto shut-off sleep timer, built-in FM radio with up to 30 digital presets, shuffle, repeat, and program functions. It requires six C-size batteries for power, which Sony generously includes in the box.
The Sony CFD-S70 is an excellent cassette/CD player in its price range, and you can get it in either black or white colour.
|Exceptional audio output||No integrated battery|
|Can play both cassettes and CDs||Bulky form factor|
|Built-in info screen, extensive control panel|
4. MyPin Cassette Player
- 【Cassette to MP3 Converter】:Our unique tape recorder can quickly convert cassette music to MP3 format on a USB flash disc without computer.
- 【Cassette/TAPE Player,Multifunctional converter】:Support external audio,Works perfectly with any standard 3.5mm AUX jack, you can use headphones, earbuds, or audio port(like car speaker port )
- 【Cassette Player and Tape Player Captures】:You can easily Record, Captures,convert your old tape to MP3 format,with playback function for easily checking the recorded file. USB port supports FAT, FAT32, exFAT, MP3 format to USB Flash Drive
This cheap cassette player from MyPin can play your vintage cassettes and mixtapes, as well as convert them to MP3 files and save them to a USB flash drive — all without needing a PC or laptop.
While it doesn’t have an integrated speaker, you can connect external speakers, headphones, or earphones via the 3.5mm (Stereo L/R) jack. The Type-A USB 3.0 port supports up to 32 GB of USB flash drives, but not external hard drives and SSDs.
The MyPin cassette player has dedicated playback and volume controls regardless of its compact size. It takes two AA batteries (not included in the box), though you can also use its 3V DC port for power.
Supplied accessories include a pair of in-ears, a 3.5mm AUX cable, a USB to DC power cable, and a handy carrying pouch.
|Compact and lightweight||No built-in speaker|
|Converts cassette to MP3 without PC||Plasticky build|
|It comes with useful accessories|
5. GPO 162B Desktop Cassette Player
- ✅ STYLISH AND SLEEK DESIGN: The compact and sleek design with its black and silver shading brings back memories of listening to all your old favorite cassette tapes.
- ✅ PORTABLE CASSETTE RECORD: The audio recorder comes with a fold-down handle and option to use with batteries, making it completely portable for your trips and other occasions.
- ✅ BUILT-IN MICROPHONE: This feature of the tape recorder allows you to record your own messages and music along with connecting external microphones via the mic socket.
The GPO 162B desktop cassette player is a perfect companion for your cassette collection. It’s a shoebox-style player that turns into a recorder at the press of a single button. The internal speaker allows for instant music playback, or you can plug your headphones into the 3.5mm jack for discrete listening. It features a separate external mic port as well.
The unit is portable and can run on batteries (4 x C-size cells), and the fold-down handle lets you carry the cassette player indoors and outdoors. Its array of large control buttons also makes up for an intuitive user experience. There’s also a 6V DC port for those who don’t see the point of using batteries.
We adore its retro-inspired black and silver aesthetics, and chances are you will too. The tape deck, albeit slightly flimsy, supports all the cassette tape types. The GPO 162B is also quite affordable like the previous cassette players.
|Shoebox form factor, stylish design||Mushy control keys|
|Dedicated port for external microphones||Flimsy cassette deck|
Also, check – Best Speakers for Projector
And with that, we conclude our picks for the best cassette players in the UK. We have included all the information you would look for to make a purchase decision. We hope that you have already made the right choice for yourself and are ready to relive the old memories of listening to your favourite songs in cassette form.
If you have any queries or feedback for us, please visit the comments section and let us know. Your suggestions and experiences are valuable to us!