The best portable CD players for cars are an excellent alternative to digital MP3 players, especially if you have a sizeable music collection on physical discs that you want to listen to on road trips.
With online music streaming services leaving nearly no space for physical media, there’s still something satisfying about inserting a CD into the player and listening to your favourite tracks in their uncompressed glory. The thought process behind picking up a particular album from your collection feel more rewarding than just leaving a bot-curated playlist on autoplay.
Most portable disc players stick to the tried-and-tested clamshell design. Some have extra perks like FM radio, while others include free earbuds and other accessories. This guide covers the best portable CD players for cars in the UK to help you narrow your search down to the ones tailored to your needs.
- 1 List Of the Best Portable CD Players for Cars UK
- 2 Best Portable CD Players for Cars Reviews
- 3 Conclusion
List Of the Best Portable CD Players for Cars UK
Best Portable CD Players for Cars Reviews
We went through dozens of portable CD players on Amazon UK and chose to review the best of them below. We have also provided buy links should you decide to purchase one for yourself or as a gift.
1. Groov-e GVPS110RD Retro Portable CD Player
- 20 TRACK PROGRAMMABLE MEMORY - The programmable memory memorises your favourite tracks and allows you to store up to 20 of your favourite songs
- SUPPORTS CD, CD-R and CD/RW Playback - This retro CD player supports all three types of CD functionalities whether they've been recorded on over and over again
- ANTI-SKIP PROTECTION - A great feature is the anti-skip protection, which ensures if you are using your CD player while working out your tracks won't skip
The Groov-e Retro CD player supports CD, CD-R, and CD/RW playback, making it ideal for listening to all the favourite CDs you collected over the years. Thanks to its compact clamshell form factor, you can simply stash it away in your car’s dashboard when not in use.
The Groov-e Retro features anti-skip protection, ensuring the audio never skips despite movements and vibrations in the car. Along with that comes skip, repeat, and other playback functions, as well as programmable memory that lets you store up to twenty of your favourite tracks. The inclusion of such handy features provides a convenient and enjoyable listening experience.
Despite its ‘80s retro-inspired design, this portable CD player offers a mature sound output when used with a decent pair of ear cans. Groov-e does include free earphones to help you get started. It takes two AA batteries for power, though you can also plug it into your car’s charger using a USB-A to micro-USB cable for zero interruptions.
|Programmable memory||It comes with mediocre-sounding earphones|
|Seven-segment LCD screen|
|Available in four attractive colours|
2. Gueray Portable CD Player, CD Player for Car with Aux
- 【1400mAh Rechargeable Battery】The portable personal CD player comes with a 1400mh lithium battery for 12 hours play time. Don't need to use AA batteries or always plug the charger into the CD player any more. You can use the included USB cable to charge for it, full charge at about 4 hours. Portable and convenient for you to carry it anywhere you want to enjoying music
- 【Anti-shock & Last Memory Function】With up to 100 seconds anti-skip protection for CDs and 180 seconds anti-skip protection for MP3 CDs, portable CD player will read CD smoothly when you walk or drive; Support last memory function, automatically go back to the place you left last time; Press STOP button twice and PLAY button once, it will be played from the begin
- 【Multifunctional】The CD player has various modern features. Anti-shock function; DIR: All the files can be played back repeatedly for mp3; 5 Sound Effects: BBS, Pop, Jazz, Rock, Classic; 4 Play Modes: Repeat a track, Repeat ALL, Play first 10s of file, Play in random order; Note: Please check the "HOLD" switch is at which side, make sure the "HOLD" switch is in the "OFF" position before power on
If you want something that will accompany you through your entire road trip, the Geuray portable CD player is worth a look. It has a sizeable 1400mAh rechargeable Li-ion battery that offers up to 12 hours of uninterrupted playtime on a single charge. There’s no need to carry extra batteries for this player.
This Gueray CD player supports CD, CDR, HDCD, and MP3 formats, with up to 180 seconds of anti-skip protection. Thanks to its built-in memory, it auto-returns to the point where you stopped the playback last time. The player also has shuffle, repeat, and other playback-related controls, with an LCD info screen and five different music presets.
This sleek and lightweight CD player comes with a wired pair of earbuds, an auxiliary remote control, a 3.5mm audio cable, a USB-A to micro-USB charging cord, and a carrying bag. It’s impressive, to say the least, considering its affordable pricing.
|Small and exquisite||Slightly mushy buttons|
|Built-in battery with up to 12 hours of playtime|
|Includes a bunch of accessories|
3. Hernido Portable CD Player, USB CD Player for car
- 【IDEAL CAR CD PLAYER】Hernido portable CD player for Car has built-in FM transmitter for wirelessly pair with car radio, totally compatible with all cars. You can enjoy music or listen to audio books in the car while going to work or traveling. What’s more, an 3.5mm AUX cable was also included to connect the player to the car or other external speakers.
- 【HIGH-QUALITY SOUND】5 Sound effects are support: BBS, Pop, Jazz, Rock and Classic. Immersive Stereo earphones is included, makes you enjoy CD music and audio books anytime and anywhere. Hernido Personal CD player connection of FM transmission is stable and without signal interference , will also brings an excellent auditory feast.
- 【20-HOUR BATTERY LIFE】Hernido CD discman has a built-in 2000mAh rechargeable battery, supports up to 20 hours of working time after once full charge. It is charged by USB cable, don't need to use AA batteries any more, you won't have to spend a ton on replacing batteries. What's more, USB powered CD players mains can reduce environmental pollution caused by disposable batteries.
If you don’t have a modern audio system in your car, the Hernido portable CD player is a great choice. It features a built-in FM transmitter, which allows you to play your CD music wirelessly through your car radio. It supports wired connections over a 3.5mm auxiliary cable.
This portable player is widely compatible with CD, CD-RW, CD-R, and MP3 formats, meaning you can enjoy all your favourite music on the go. It also offers up to 120 seconds of anti-skip protection, playing the music exactly where it stopped last time.
The playback and program buttons are easy to reach, and the monochrome LCD reads out basic details. There’s also an “EQ” button that lets you cycle through five music presets, including BBS, class, jazz, pop, and rock.
Lastly, the Hernido portable CD player has a 2000mAh Li-ion battery built into it, offering up to 20 hours of continuous playtime. Hence, you don’t have to buy and carry disposable AA batteries any more. If you are looking for the portable cd player for car with usb connection then Hernido Portable car CD Player is the best choice.
|Built-in FM transmitter for wireless pairing||The included earphones are terrible|
|Long-lasting battery life||No Bluetooth|
|Portable and lightweight|
Also Check – Best iPad Docking Stations
4. Klim Discman
- ✅ A DIFFERENT LISTENING EXPERIENCE. The KLIM Discman was designed to provide you with the most enjoyable listening experience. Because CDs provide loss-less audio quality, the experience is never complete without a good set of earphones. We've included the KLIM Fusion ear buds (more than 1 million units sold) to ensure that you can listen to your favorite albums with the best audio quality.
- ✅ ANTI-SKIP / ANTI-SHOCK PROTECTION: Who wants skips and interruptions when listening to their favorite music? We sure don't! The KLIM Discman is equipped with an anti-shock protection chip which provides you with uninterrupted playing by preloading the music for 100 seconds. This prevents any damage to your discs or cd player while using it on the go, commuting, doing sports, etc. Enjoy your favorite activities while listening to your CDs with no skips or interruptions!
- ✅ HOURS AND HOURS OF PLAYBACK. Forget about buying batteries every few days. The KLIM Discman is equipped with high-quality rechargeable battery. This saves you money and hassle in the long run, since you will not have to buy disposable ones every time they are depleted. In a matter of weeks, you'll spend more on batteries than the cd player. The KLIM Discman will save you money and save the environment. Simply, it's a solid investment.
The Klim Discman has an attractive and durable casing and uses premium components. It comes with the Klim Fusion, a popular in-ear set designed for Hi-Fi music listening. The memory foam tips offer supreme comfort, so you can jam to your favourite albums hour after hour without listening fatigue.
The Discman supports CD-R, CD-RW, and MP3 playback. It automatically preloads 100 seconds of music in its buffer memory to provide uninterrupted playing in case of shocks and vibrations in the car. The built-in digital display with all the playback and EQ functions give you flexible controls over your music.
Like the previous CD players from Gueray and Hernido, the Klim Discman features a Li-ion battery, offering an approximate 14-hour playback time. It charges relatively quickly when plugged into a power source using the supplied micro-USB cable.
Overall, this is our top pick on this list of the best portable CD players for cars. Klim also provides five years of warranty, making it an even better deal.
|Use of premium, durable materials||Charges over micro-USB|
|Includes Fusion in-ears and a carrying pouch|
5. ION Audio CD GO, Bluetooth CD Player for Car
- Enjoy your CD collection Wirelessly with virtually all bluetooth speakers and headphones - Wireless streaming Bluetooth CD player sends CD audio to Bluetooth Speakers and Bluetooth Earbuds using Bluetooth 5.0
- Supreme CD Player Performance - Compact, go-anywhere portability; Anti Skip circuitry resists jarring and plays without interruption; Controls For Skip, Repeat, Play, Pause, Stop and Volume
- Enjoy music anywhere - 1/8” (3.5 mm) output for headphones, wired connectivity to Hi-Fi systems and aux enabled car audio (cable sold separately)
The CD GO from ION Audio has a design reminiscent of ‘90s portable disc players but with Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity. It plays virtually all mainstream CD formats and transmits the audio to any Bluetooth earphones, headphones, and speaker. It also has a 3.5mm AUX output for older car audio systems.
The CD GO offers essential controls for play, pause, stop, volume, skip, and repeat functions. Its anti-skip circuitry ensures zero interruption — even the bumpiest roads won’t disrupt your listening sessions.
ION throws in a wired earbuds pair, a USB-to-DC power cable, and two AA alkaline batteries with the CD GO. We can easily recommend it to anyone looking for a CD player with wireless connectivity. And it doesn’t even cost a fortune.
|Bluetooth connectivity||No built-in battery|
|Flexible controls||Few customer complaints about pairing issues|
|Supports all CD formats|
All five of the best portable CD players for cars will allow you to listen to your favourite CDs in a familiar but brand-new way all over again. Despite the limitations of physical media, there’s a certain satisfaction and convenience that comes with sliding a disc into the cartridge and playing music on the go without relying on an active internet connection.
If you find our recommendations useful, let us know what you’d like to see next in the comments below. We value your feedback and would love to help with your queries too.