The Best Pyle Speakers Reviews – Features, Performance, Pros, Cons & More
If you have been recently shopping for new speakers, odds are you have come across at least a few models from a company named Pyle. For those who don’t know, this oddly-named American brand has been a primary player in the audio equipment industry for several decades, founded way back in the ’60s.
While its market share and popularity have gone down significantly in recent years, it’s still in the business of making a variety of audio products. Its current portfolio includes headphones, music players, portable boomboxes, studio monitors, home theater systems, soundbars, car speakers, high-quality audio cables, and more.
Is Pyle a good brand? Now some of you may wonder if Pyle still makes good speakers after all these years. The answer is yes; their home and outdoor speakers are still worth buying, especially now that you can purchase them at lower prices. But what about their performance and quality?
To answer this question, we have picked the best speakers from Pyle’s current product lines and reviewed them all one by one in this guide. Whether you are an audiophile or a casual listener, the following Pyle speakers reviews will tell you everything you need to know.
- 1 The Best Pyle Speakers Reviews
- 1.1 1. Pyle 5.1 Channel Home Theater System (PT589BT)
- 1.2 2. Pyle Active PA Speaker (PPHP1037UB)
- 1.3 3. Pyle Wall Mount Home Speaker (PDWR51BTWT)
- 1.4 4. Pyle Street Blaster BoomBox (PBMSPG190)
- 1.5 5. Pyle Hi-Fi Desktop Bookshelf Speakers Pair (PBKSP22)
- 1.6 6. Pyle TV Soundbar (PSBV600BT)
- 1.7 7. Pyle Portable PA Speaker PPHP1044B
- 2 4 More Pyle Speaker Reviews – Honorable Mentions
- 3 Final Words
The Best Pyle Speakers Reviews
Below are our reviews for some of the best Pyle speakers you can buy today. Aside from the summarized reviews, we have also given basic information about the speakers. Every model has its pros and cons, so we have included that as well.
1. Pyle 5.1 Channel Home Theater System (PT589BT)
- 300 WATT POWER: The Pyle 5.1 Channel A/V Amplifier Receiver w/ Subwoofer is perfect for your audio and visual home theater entertainment system. It gives you 300W peak to be used for multi speakers allowing you to enjoy high quality amplified audio
- 5 INPUTS: The personal digital amp box features 2 HDMI IN / 1 OUT, 2 AUX stereo input, FM radio antenna input. Connect external sources such as Playstation, TV, Blu Ray, Xbox 360, laptop, computer, media server, CD or DVD player, and tape deck
- BLUETOOTH CONNECTIVITY: The professional integrated indoor house AV receiver is equipped w/ Bluetooth wireless music streaming. Works w/ today's latest devices including smart phones, tablets, iPhone and computer w/ hassle-free receiver pairing
- Speaker Type: Home Theater System
- Max Output: 300 Watts
- Connectivity: HDMI ARC, 3.5 AUX, RCA, Bluetooth
- Dimensions (L x W x H):3 x 15 x 11.8 inches (Receiver), 3.1 x 4.7 x 6.3 inches (Speakers)
- Weight: 6 lbs
A home theater speaker system provides the best movie-watching experience, but they also are pretty expensive. The PT589BT is an exception, offering excellent surround sound quality at a relatively affordable price.
Despite costing a fraction of “entry-level” home theater systems from more popular brands, the Pyle PT589BT delivers a full-fledged 5.1 surround sound experience. It comes with five swivel-type directional satellite speakers and a single high-powered bottom mount subwoofer, capable of achieving a peak output of 300W. Whether you are watching your favorite movie or that one viral Netflix show, you will get immersed in those fictional worlds.
Connectivity-wise, the Pyle PT589BT gives you one HDMI-out and two HDMI-in ports, along with two AUX RCA jacks. There’s no optical input on the receiver. However, it supports the HDMI ARC functionality, making it easier for users to set up the home theater with modern TVs. You can also connect your smartphone to it wirelessly via Bluetooth.
It’s worth noting that the receiver is built into the subwoofer. You can control the home theater system using the included IR remote. It even has a digital LCD screen that indicates various functions and displays the active input source. Additionally, the receiver takes an antenna input for FM radio just in case you need it.
Overall, the Pyle PT589BT is quite a package for not a lot of money. You can find it fairly cheap on sites like Amazon, which is one of Pyle’s official retailers. The PT589BT comes with one year of warranty.
|5.1 surround sound on a budget||Satellite speakers aren’t wireless|
|Comes with HDMI ARC|
2. Pyle Active PA Speaker (PPHP1037UB)
- Speaker Type: Cabinet Speaker
- Max Output: 700 Watts
- Connectivity:5mm, ¼” (6.3mm) AUX, XLR, Bluetooth
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 1 x 11.4 x 21.2 inches
- Weight: 22 lbs
If you are looking for a professional cabinet speaker on a budget, the Pyle PA PPHP1037UB is a great pick. It’s equipped with a heavy-duty 10” subwoofer, reaching a peak 700W output. This cabinet-style speaker is capable of producing a studio-grade audio spectrum, and it doesn’t sound harsh in even the largest spaces.
The speaker system also consists of a 1” tweeter. The compression driver has a titanium diaphragm. It’s great for concert venues and auditoriums as it doesn’t get muffled or distorted at higher volumes. Whether you are a DJ, band member, or sound technician, the performance of this Pyle speaker will leave you impressed.
In terms of connectivity, the Pyle Pro has a 3.5mm AUX input for connecting smartphones and music players, and two RCA line-in jacks for other devices. It also features a ¼” (6.4mm) plug and an XLR input for microphones.
The speaker does have a USB Type-A port and SD card reader for MP3 music playback. The USB port doubles as a charging port for your USB-powered devices. You can also connect to the Pyle Pro via Bluetooth for streaming audio wirelessly from your smartphone or another compatible device.
The extra XLR line-in port allows you to daisy-chain multiple Pyle Pro units together to play stereo music using a standard XLR cable. You can plug in your musical instruments or a dedicated mixer directly to the Pyle Pro speaker if you want to.
Since it has built-in adjustments knobs for individual inputs, you can control the volume, bass, and treble without an extra hub. The supplied IR remote control makes it a lot more convenient. The digital LCD screen also gives you readouts of the song title, time, and various other functions.
All in all, the Pyle PA PPHP1037UB is a value-for-money cabinet speaker that delivers a crystal-clear sound and has a refined bass response. It’s also pretty easy to set up and is suitable for nearly every type of room. The unit works well outdoors too!
|It can go pretty loud without distortion||Outdated Bluetooth version|
|35mm speaker stand mount|
|XLR inputs for mic and instruments|
3. Pyle Wall Mount Home Speaker (PDWR51BTWT)
- Speaker Type: Outdoor Speaker
- Max Output: 240 Watts
- Connectivity:5mm AUX, RCA, Bluetooth
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 3 x 6.3 x 9.6 inches
- Weight: 1 lbs
Those who are searching for a cheap outdoor patio speaker set should consider purchasing the Pyle PDWR51BTWT. It’s perfect for both indoor and outdoor living spaces. You can mount it on the wall or a pillar without any extra hardware.
The dual stereo speaker system has a maximum power output of 240 watts, so you can play your favorite music tracks at satisfactory volume levels. Both the active and passive speakers come with a 5.25-inch long-throw subwoofer, as well as a 1-inch high-performance polymer dome tweeter. Despite their compact sizes, the speakers manage to deliver an impressive stereo reproduction and deep bass response.
This Pyle speaker system not only sounds great but is rugged and reliable. It has a water-resistant construction that consists of a reinforced ABS housing and a protective metal grill. The speakers can survive rain, high temperatures, and extreme weather conditions outdoors.
The only meaningful connectivity options on the Pyle PDWR51BTWT are the 3.5mm AUX input for wired sources and Bluetooth 3.0 for wireless audio streams. The two gold-plated, waterproof speaker plugs are for linking the active speaker unit to the passive one.
Installing them on a wall or post is straightforward thanks to the adjustable brackets. It allows for positioning the speaker’s angle once mounted to your preferred location. The included 12V DC power adapter has a long enough cable to reach a nearby outlet.
The Pyle PDWR51BTWT is a heavy-duty speaker kit designed specifically for outdoor use. It will be a fantastic acoustic addition to any patio, pool, or backyard, though you can still set up indoors. Buyers get a 1-year warranty, along with a 30-day return period when bought from Amazon.
|Weather-resistant design||Older Bluetooth version|
|Supports wall mounting|
|Comes in black and white colors|
4. Pyle Street Blaster BoomBox (PBMSPG190)
- Features: - compact, portable & powerful
- Crisp hi-fi sound projection for vocals
- Simple & hassle-free operation - front panel button contr
- Speaker Type: Portable Boombox Speaker
- Max Output: 300 Watts
- Connectivity:5mm, ¼” AUX, Bluetooth
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 6 x 10 x 10.8 inches
- Weight: 2 lbs
Are you looking for a portable party speaker? Check out the Pyle Steet Blaster BoomBox, a high-performance, wireless karaoke boombox speaker. This 2.1-channel unit can reach a peak 300W power output and is ideal for indoor and outdoor use.
The Pyle Street Blaster PBMSPG190 features two 2.5-inch drivers and a 6.5-inch subwoofer, delivering crisp and dynamic sound with a thumpy bass response. It’s a 2.1-channel speaker system but in a more compact and portable form factor.
The enclosure is small and lightweight, making the speaker unit easy to transport. You can effortlessly carry the unit wherever you go with the detachable strap. It uses high-quality material that gives it a premium feel, despite its low cost.
The ported design helps amplify the stereo range and bass response. Combined with the subtle multi-color lighting, the BoomBox manages to sound and look incredible at the same time.
Aside from being Bluetooth-capable, the Street Blaster BooxBox offers a single 3.5mm auxiliary port and two ¼” (6.3mm) jacks for guitar and microphone input. There’s a Type-A USB port is for playing back MP3 and WMA audio files from a flash drive (up to 32 GB). The speaker also has FM radio functionality.
Additionally, this Pyle portable speaker has a built-in digital screen, along with a physical volume knob and playback control buttons. It even comes with a handy remote for easy operation. It requires two AAA batteries to function, which Pyle doesn’t include in the box.
The BoomBox has a 2,500mAh rechargeable battery, lasting you hours of music listening and karaoke sessions. It uses a 13.5V DC charging adapter that tops up the speaker unit in less than 90 minutes.
If you want a loud and bassy portable speaker, the Street Blaster BoomBox is a no-brainer pick for the price. Pyle sells a more powerful version of this speaker (PBMSPG190) with Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity and a wired microphone, but it’s also slightly bulkier and expensive.
|Unique design with subtle lighting||Not everyone may like the design|
|2.1-channel sound on the go|
|Excellent battery life|
5. Pyle Hi-Fi Desktop Bookshelf Speakers Pair (PBKSP22)
- 【2.0 1.1 System Compatibility】: Works with any 2.0 1.4 Systerm USB device,such as PC/laptops/tablets/computer
- Speaker Type: Bookshelf / Desk Speaker
- Max Output: 300 Watts
- Connectivity: RCA, Bluetooth
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 7 x 7.5 x 10.6 inches
- Weight:02 lbs (Total) / 6.37 lbs (Active), 5.07 lbs (Passive)
The Pyle PBKSP22 is a pair of bookshelf speakers capable of delivering Hi-Fi audio quality. The high-performance, full-range speakers offer a 150W RMS output (peak 300W), so you get room-filling audio without spending hundreds on an expensive model.
These active and passive bookshelf speakers feature a 5.25” primary driver and a 1” aluminum dome tweeter. The system channel impedance hovers around 4 to 8 Ohm, and the frequency response is between 50 Hz to 20 kHz.
Combined with the built-in digital amplifier, the speakers offer balanced, neutral, and rich sound, along with excellent bass performance. Whether you are listening to music or watching movies, this Pyle speaker system manages to sound great regardless of its compact form factor.
Since they take up very little space, it’s ideal for smaller computer desk setups. That said, you can also mount them to tripods or the wall using the 35mm base. Thanks to the all-black chassis, the speaker units also blend in well with various environments.
Ports-wise, the Pyle PBKSP22 offers the standard RCA auxiliary input, along with a full-sized USB port for playing MP3 audio files right off a flash drive (supports up to 16 GB). Plus, it features Bluetooth 5.1 connectivity for wireless audio streaming from up to a 30 ft. range.
Aside from the connectivity options, AC input, and power switch on the back panel of the active speaker, there are also playback controls and three individual knobs for volume, bass, and treble adjustments. Note that it doesn’t come with a remote.
If you don’t want to spend a fortune on a stereo speaker set for your desk or bookshelf, the Pyle PBKSP22 is worth considering. We recommend keeping an eye out for the frequent discounts on this model as the price drops way below its MSRP.
|Compact and well-built||Limited connectivity|
|Balanced sound profile|
|Bluetooth 5.1 support|
6. Pyle TV Soundbar (PSBV600BT)
- Speaker Type: Soundbar
- Max Output: 300 Watts
- Connectivity: 5mm AUX, RCA, Optical
- Dimensions (W x D x H):6 x 12 x 3 inches
- Weight: 13 lbs
Pyle also makes soundbars, and the PSBV600BT is one of the best so far. Designed to sit under your TV, this tabletop soundbar delivers cinematic sound at nearly a quarter the price of a high-end model from popular audio brands.
It’s equipped with four 1.5” full-range speakers that produce rich, clean, full-bodied sound, and a bottom-mounted subwoofer that offer a decent bass response. The ported tube design further improves the bass performance and amplifies the stereo effect.
The thicker construction of the unit lets you use it as a base for your TV, though it isn’t as elegant-looking as other low-profile soundbars. However, the black-painted exterior looks pretty stealthy and allows this Pyle soundbar to blend in with the rest of your living room.
The Pyle PSBV600BT has a versatile I/O, including RCA inputs, a 3.5mm AUX port, and an Optical Audio (TOSLINK) jack. Unfortunately, it doesn’t have an HDMI ARC port, a pretty common omission on entry-level soundbars.
That said, the soundbar retains Bluetooth wireless connectivity, and it works with smartphones, tablets, laptops, iPods, etc. The built-in Optical Audio jack also makes it straightforward to connect the soundbar to newer TVs and existing home theater systems.
This Pyle soundbar has physical control buttons, but the supplied IR remote makes it simpler to change the volume, adjust the bass/treble, control the playback, and choose between different EQ presets from anywhere in the room.
For general music listening and movie nights, the Pyle PSBV600BT is an awesome soundbar. Granted, it doesn’t have the same feature set as higher-end models, and not everyone would like its dated design. But it’s still a great-sounding soundbar for the price.
|Sounds far better than TV speakers||Dated design|
|Wireless connectivity||No HDMI ARC|
7. Pyle Portable PA Speaker PPHP1044B
- Speaker Type: Portable Cabinet Loudspeaker
- Max Output: 600 Watts
- Connectivity:5mm AUX, ¼” (6.3mm) Guitar/Mic, Bluetooth
- Dimensions (L x W x H):8 x 9.6 x 17.7 inches
- Weight:86 lbs
The Pyle PPHP1044B is an outdoor loudspeaker made for backyard and karaoke parties. It packs a 10” subwoofer and a 1” tweeter capable of a maximum 600W output (300W RMS) at 4 Ohm impedance. For a speaker unit that resembles a small travel suitcase, it offers excellent stereo sound and incredible bass.
This boombox speaker isn’t the easiest thing to carry because of its form factor. But the telescopic handle and rolling wheels make it portable enough for you to transport outdoors. This particular unit also features multi-color LED lighting, which syncs up with the music and adds some cool flair to night parties.
The Pyle PPHP1044B can play audio files directly off flash drives and memory cards, all thanks to the inclusion of a USB 2.0 port and SD card reader. It supports Bluetooth 5.0, with simple and hassle-free pairing with Android, iPhone, and other compatible devices. FM radio is also available for those off-grid camping sessions.
In terms of wired connectivity, it gets you a 3.5mm AUX port, a ¼” plug for microphone input, and another ¼” plug for guitar and other musical instruments. There’s also a seven-segment backlit screen on the back of the unit displaying useful information.
Pyle heavily advertises the speaker’s karaoke functionality, one of which is the “talk-over” function button. When pressed, it prioritizes the microphone input volume over the selected audio source. You get individual knobs for mic volume and echo adjustments on the rear panel.
The built-in 2,200mAh Li-ion rechargeable battery gives the Pyle PPHP1044B only a few hours of playtime, but at least you won’t need to carry an external battery outdoors.
If you are looking for a wallet-friendly boombox speaker that’s loud and portable enough for outdoor parties, this is it. That said, try your best to keep it away from water bodies as it doesn’t have an IP rating.
|Rich sound and excellent bass||Average battery life|
|Great for karaoke||Slightly bulky|
|Physical knobs for bass and treble adjustments||No IP rating|
4 More Pyle Speaker Reviews – Honorable Mentions
Although the following models didn’t make their way to our following list of best Pyle speaker reviews, we can still recommend them based on the positive customer feedback on Amazon. Here are the honorable mentions:
Pyle Portable Bluetooth PA Speaker (PS65ACT)
- 2000W peak output at 8 Ohms impedance
- Distinct tower design with integrated RGB LED lighting
- Highly-adjustable tripod stand
- Full-range stereo coverage, exceptional bass response
- Versatile connectivity, including Bluetooth, USB, SD card reader, XLR, ¼” Guitar/Mic, 3.5mm AUX, RCA, and FM radio
Pyle Pro Disco Jam (PSUFM1035A)
- USB Flash and SD Memory Card Readers with FM Radio.
- USB Charging Port for Smart Phones and Other Devices.
- Dimensions: 36.8"Hx 15.2"Wx 13.6"D.
- Dual 10-inch woofers and 3-inch piezo tweeters, 1000-watt peak output
- Knob adjustments for individual inputs, physical slider-based EQ controls
- 5mm AUX, two ¼” (6.3mm) mic/guitar input, RCA, USB, SD card reader, and Bluetooth connectivity
- Tower cabinet design with a plethora of lighting elements, suitable for parties
Pyle 5.25” In-Wall / In-Ceiling Speakers (PDIC1651RD)
- SEAMLESS INTEGRATION - Perfect for existing home theater systems this Pyle 2-way in-ceiling or in-wall speaker system delivers incredible stereo sound to any room in your home from speakers you can barely see without using any floor or shelf space.
- EASY TO INSTALL - Includes a cut-out size template and quick connect spring-loaded speaker terminals for simple, easy, no hassle installation, in any room, delivering a full rich sound without cluttering floor space.
- SPEAKER GRILL - Built in round stain resistant speaker grills. Match existing flush mounted designs in your home or workplace for a clean look & achieve wide-range sound performance without compromise.
- Compact flush mount design, cut-out size template makes the speakers easy to install on walls and ceilings
- 25-inch polypropylene cones with reinforced rubber edge and suspension cloth, 1.2-inch polymer tweeter, up to 150 watts of output at 16 Ohms impedance
- Comes with stain-resistant speaker grills for cleaner aesthetics
- Seamlessly integrates with existing home theater systems
Pyle Wireless Portable Bluetooth Speaker (PBMSQG12)
- WIRELESS BLUETOOTH PAIRING: Stream music, adjust volume and change tracks from Bluetooth enabled devices with this wireless 4.2 Bluetooth speaker. Works with iPhone, Android, Smartphone, iPad and computer with a wireless range of over 30’+ ft
- BUILT-IN RECHARGEABLE BATTERY: This portable Bluetooth speaker comes with a built-in 3.7V Li ion 1800mAh rechargeable battery. It charges via USB cable that’s included in the package. It also has a 3.5mm aux input jack for headset
- COMPACT AND PORTABLE: The exact dimensions of this portable Bluetooth speaker is 12.9’’ x 5.1’’’ x 5.6’’. It’s just the right size for a very compact and portable speaker. It even has a convenient carry handle
- Relatively compact and lightweight, and it comes with a carrying strap
- Full 2.1-channel stereo sound, 200-watt peak output at 4-ohm impedance
- High-quality ABS plastic construction, sealed body, immune to light rain splashes
- Bluetooth 4.2, 3.5mm AUX input, supports MP3 playback USB flash drives and microSD memory cards
- The 1800mAh rechargeable battery provides up to four hours of continuous playtime
This is where we conclude this guide to Best Pyle speakers reviews. As you can see, most of them outperform other models from competing brands in the same price bracket or at a lower price. Those who haven’t heard about or tried out Pyle speakers before should now be able to purchase one with confidence.
After all, Pyle has over sixty years of experience in the audio department. Even though it isn’t the same reputable brand as it used to be once upon a time, you can still expect great value and exceptional performance from most Pyle speakers.
If you have any feedback to offer, drop them in the comments. Also, we will be glad to hear about your experience with one of the following Pyle speakers in this guide. Those who are interested in buying one can check the price from our links.