We all love entertainment; it is a crucial part of our lives, and Virgin TV provides the appropriate content to entertain us. Virgin TV is a paid cable TV service provider. It is one of the leading cable TV services in the entire UK. It offers two different types of setup boxes: one is Virgin V6, and the other is Virgin TV 360. Virgin TV provides HD, PVR, and on-demand content to its customers. These are available to customers in HD video quality. Let’s learn about ‘Can You Watch Virgin TV Go On A Smart TV?’.
Can You Watch Virgin TV Go On A Smart TV?
You cannot watch Virgin TV on your smart TV because, currently, Virgin TV does not support smart TVs and the app for Virgin TV is not compatible with any smart TV now. However, you can use your smartphone to watch Virgin TV because many smartphones are adoptable with the Virgin TV app.
According to a few reports, with the help of Chromecast, external media streaming devices, and screen mirroring methods, you can watch Virgin TV on TVs.
Virgin TV is not compatible with Smart TVs because the software of Virgin TV is designed specifically for Android, PCs, laptops, tablets, and IOs devices, but the customers of Virgin TV can expect that they will soon get access to Virgin TV on their TVs.
Options to watch:
As you may know, only the Virgin Go official app and the Virgin Media Player app are currently available for Smart TVs, but you can watch Virgin TV on your TV using some optional methods.
- The first option is that you can use Chromecast to watch Virgin TV, and if you are using Chromecast to watch Virgin TV on your smart TV, then follow these methods:
- If you are an Android smart phone user, you can start by installing the Virgin Media Player app on your device and completing its installation setup.
- Start your Smart TV and then open Chromecast on your Smart TV.
- You connect both devices so that your Android phone and Chromecast are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Open the settings tab on your Android device and start the quick settings panel on your device.
- In the quick settings panel. You will get a screen mirroring option, and you should click on this option.
- It will now show our Chromecast device name on your Smart TV.
- After that, you can start playing programs and content from your Virgin TV on Smart TV.
The second option is airplay:
If you are an iOS phone user, then you can watch Virgin TV on your smart TV by following these steps:
- Start the process by downloading the Virgin Media Player app on your iOS device.
- On your Smart TV, start the Apple TV app.
- Connect both devices to the same Wi-Fi network.
- On an iOS device, you get the Control Centre option, and in this, you will get the Screen Mirroring option. Click on this option.
- An iOS device will be displayed on your smart TV, and both devices are connected now.
- After this, when you play Virgin Media Player on your iOS device, you can watch the programs of Virgin Go on your smart TV.
Can you watch Virgin Go on your smart TV through streaming devices?
If you have a streaming device, you can watch Virgin Go on your smart device.
Start with your streaming device and Smart TV, then open the app store on your streaming device and search for the Virgin Media Player app on your streaming device. Play this on your streaming device, and thus you can watch Virgin Go on your TV.
Why are smart TV customers unable to watch Virgin TV?
Virgin TV is not currently offering its services for the following reasons.
In the market, different brands All have their own specific specifications, and Virgin TV is operating its services in the UK only.
The Virgin Media Player app is compatible with only some devices like Android and iOS, but Smart TVs use different operating systems. It could be one of the reasons it is not compatible with Smart TVs.
It may be disappointing news for Smart TV users, as they will be unable to access Virgin TV content directly on their TV platform because it is not yet compatible with the Virgin Go platform. However, you can use some secondary options to watch Virgin Go on your smart TV. You can use Chromecast, Airplay, and streaming devices. Virgin TV has its official app, Virgin Media Player, which uses screen mirroring to access Virgin TV on Smart TV and is compatible with Android, iOS, PC, and laptop devices.
- Can you get the Virgin TV Go app for free?
Yes, you can access the Virgin TV Go app for free, and you will get access to 100 plus channels for free on this app.
- Can you get Virgin TV Go on Roku?
You cannot watch Virgin TV Go on the Roku platform because both these platforms provide different content and different channels on their platform.
- Which devices are compatible with Sky Go?
Sky Go supports devices like Apple, Google, Huawei, Amazon, and a few more that are compatible with Sky Go.