With cutting-edge technological advancements and enhanced functionality, smartwatches have finally made it to the masses. While the hardware improvements directly translate to a better user experience, it raises the concern of whether these wearables can withstand prolonged usage with all the powerful hardware packed inside.
On average, most smartwatches last a day or two, depending on the usage. It’s true for even the most popular models from the likes of Apple and Samsung. But if you look a bit further, a handful of smartwatch makers still prioritise battery life without compromising too much on the features and functionalities.
It isn’t too much of a hassle to find a wearable that will last you several days worth of usage, but we strive to make your job simpler anyway. Our guide showcases the best smartwatches with long battery life in the UK, with additional information to help you make a solid purchase decision. Read on to learn more.
List of the Best Smartwatches With Long Battery Life
Best Smartwatches with Long Battery Life Reviews
There are dozens of smartwatches that claim to offer long battery life, but only a few manage to deliver on that promise. For the below shortlist, We have picked only the best of them so that you can find the ultimate one for yourself without much effort.
1. Garmin Forerunner 245 Music
- GPS running smartwatch with music advanced training features
- Sync with music streaming services, such as Spotify, to easily store and play your favorite songs right from your watch
- Evaluates your current training status to indicate if you’re undertraining or overdoing it; offers additional performance monitoring features
- Display:2 in TFT (42 mm)
- Band Size: 20 mm
- Weight:5 g
- OS: Garmin
- Battery Life: 7+ Days
There’s a smartwatch for every type of user, and the Forerunner 245 Music is an excellent running watch for athletes, bikers, and swimmers. Granted, it’s pretty limited when it comes to software features, but it does show notifications from your smartphone.
And if that’s enough for your use, the Forerunner 245 Music compensates for the rest with its 7+ day battery life. It drops to six hours with GPS enabled, still more than sufficient for long treadmill sessions and marathons.
The 1.2-inch transflective screen gets plenty bright and is visible in direct sunlight, making this Garmin watch perfect for outdoor use. You can also connect it to Spotify, Deezer, or Amazon Music and download songs you prefer to jam to during workout sessions.
Other health-centric features like sleep tracking, all-day heart rate monitoring, VO2 max estimation, advanced workout monitoring, and recovery advisor makes this wearable an excellent fitness tracker as well.
Overall, the Garmin Forerunner 245 Music is an easy choice for those looking for unmatched battery life and workout tracking.
|7+ day battery||Garmin OS is basic|
|Advanced health and workout tracking||Plain design|
|TFT display has good sunlight visibility|
2. Fossil Hybrid HR
- Enjoy 2+ weeks of battery life on a single charge
- Heart rate monitoring, activity and sleep tracking with detailed stats.
- Receive and display notifications and reminders from your smartphone, display calendar and weather updates, control of music playback and more
- Display Size:06 in E-Ink (42 mm)
- Band Size: 22 mm
- Weight: 40 g
- OS: Hybrid
- Battery Life: 2+ Weeks
The Fossil Hybrid HR is an excellent choice if you want certain smartwatch features on a wearable that looks like a traditional timepiece.
It can only receive and display notifications and reminders from your smartphone, weather updates, and give you music playback controls. But in exchange for limited capabilities, the Hybrid HR offers a solid 2-week battery life on a single charge.
The E-ink display, while not colourful, is sunlight-friendly and runs on low power. It isn’t a touchscreen, so all the navigation is done with the three side buttons. The watch does have basic heart rate monitoring, sleep tracking, and a built-in pedometer.
There’s no GPS, NFC, or music storage, but the Fossil Hybrid HR still covers the essentials of a smartwatch in a hybrid form. It’s available in both men’s and women’s sizes.
|Classy design||Limited functionality|
|Outstanding battery life||No GPS|
|Heart rate monitoring and activity tracking|
Fossil Hybrid HR For Women
- 38 mm case, mineral glass, hybrid movement and display, 12 mm bandwidth
- Round silver stainless steel case with silver dial
- Silver, stainless steel band
3. Mobvoi Ticwatch Pro 3 Ultra GPS
- 【Long Battery Life】Dual layers display 2.0 technology keeps Ticwatch Pro 3 Ultra GPS smartwatch going up to 72 hours in Smart Mode and 45 days in Essential mode. The new customizable backlight offers you better visual enjoyment, makes the screen comfortable to read under any conditions, especially in the dark. Note: Send a text message (Android only), make a call (Android only).
- 【Updated Chipset, Better Experience】Ticwatch Pro 3 Ultra GPS powered with Wear OS by Google, and the Qualcomm Snapdragon Wear 4100 Platform and Mobvoi Dual Processor System. Deliver faster and smoother performance and connectivity. 1G RAM and 8G ROM Memory. With NFC functionality, Google Pay is a fast, easy way to pay in stores.
- 【Advanced Health and Fitness Monitoring】TicWatch Pro 3 Ultra GPS keeps track of your real-time fitness and health data. IP68 waterproof and pool swimming suitable, upgraded 20+ professional sports modes, with built-in GPS and Compass, speaker and microphone, barometer and sleep tracking, blood Oxygen Saturation, stress Monitoring and 24-hour heart rate monitoring (empowered by a more accurate sensor ). New functions are added including IHB/AFiB Detection and Fatigue Assessment etc.
- Display Size:04 in AMOLED (48 mm)
- Band Size: 22 mm
- Weight: 41 g
- OS: Wear OS
- Battery Life: 3 Days
Google’s Wear OS is one of the best smartwatch OS out there, yet notorious for poor battery optimisation. But if you still need that extra feature set at the cost of lesser battery life, the Mobvoi Ticwatch Pro 3 Ultra GPS is the best you can get.
Its 72 hours of endurance is an achievement in itself, considering most Wear OS watches can’t even survive a full day of usage. When idle, the dual-layer display intelligently switches to the low-power FSTN screen rather than using the OLED screen to display basic information. Turning on “Essential Mode” disables all features except date/time, step-counter, heart rate monitoring, and sleep tracking to minimise power consumption and squeeze up to 45 days of battery life.
Other features of this smartwatch include an advanced health and fitness tracking suite (w/ 20+ workout modes, AFiB detection and fatigue assessment), built-in GPS, compass, barometer, NFC, built-in speaker and microphone. Furthermore, the stylish casing with its stainless-steel bezel comes with the MIL-STD-810 durability rating.
The Ticwatch Pro 3 Ultra GPS is also a speedy Wear OS watch thanks to the Snapdragon 4100 processor, 1 GB RAM, and 8 GB of internal storage.
|Essential Mode boosts battery life||Bulky casing|
|Dual-layer display technology|
|Endless customisations with Wear OS|
4. Fitbit Versa 3
- Battery Life: Up to 6 days with fast charge
- Compatibility: Compatible with iOS 12.2 or higher & Android OS 7.0 or higher
- Built-In GPS: With built-in GPS, leave your phone behind and explore the outdoors with pace and distance on your tracker and see a workout intensity map showing your route and effort in the app when you’re done.
- Display Size:58 in AMOLED (40 mm)
- Band Size: Custom
- Weight: 40 g
- OS: FitbitOS
- Battery Life: 6+ Days
The Versa 3 is currently one of the best Fitbit wearables you can find right now. While it isn’t as feature-packed as the Ticwatch Pro 3 Ultra, its cheaper price tag makes it slightly more digestible to anyone not willing to spend a fortune on a new smartwatch.
The Versa 3 offers a 6-day battery life, which is impressive considering the Versa 3’s slim casing and the bright AMOLED display. It also has onboard GPS, 24/7 heart rate monitoring, automatic workout detection, and sleep/activity tracking.
Additional features include Fitbit Pay, Amazon Alexa / Google Assistant built-in, and onboard music storage (300+ songs) for your Spotify and Deezer playlists.
The Fitbit Versa 3 strikes a perfect balance between functionality and battery life, making it one of our top picks overall.
|Great battery life||Limited app store|
|Speakerphone functionality||Incompatible with old Versa bands|
5. Amazfit GTS 2 Mini
- [Personalized Watch Faces] The Amazfit GTS 2 mini smartwatch has a vibrant 1.55-inch AMOLED screen and 50+ watch faces to choose from, with most also having a matching Always-on display. Upload your own photos to make the watch face truly yours, and focus on what you care about with the custom modular dial.
- [Heart Rate and Sleep Quality Monitoring] The GTS 2 mini smartwatch supports industry-leading in-depth tracking of heart health, with warnings for abnormally elevated resting heart rate provided. The smartwatch can also assess your sleep breathing quality through the light, deep and REM sleep stages during the night, and can identify daytime naps to record more complete sleep information.
- [70+ Sports Modes] With over 70 built-in sports modes and 5 ATM water-resistance, the GTS 2 mini sports watch covers most sports enthusiasts. The sports watch can also control the music on your phone, provide notifications about exercise stages, conditions and heart rate zones, and generate a sport data report in the App after finishing your workout.
- Display Size:55 in AMOLED (40 mm)
- Band Size: 20 mm
- Weight:5 g
- OS: Amazfit OS
- Battery Life: 1-2 Weeks
The Amazfit GTS 2 Mini is a budget-friendly option for those on a stricter budget who want some essential smartwatch perks. Its rated 14-day battery life is something that higher-end models struggle to provide.
Not only does the GTS 2 Mini have a boxed watch face that many people prefer, but it’s also one of the most lightweight smartwatches out there, weighing at just under 20 grams. Plus, it features onboard GPS, sleep/activity tracking, heart rate/blood oxygen monitoring, and over 70 built-in sports modes.
Although it lacks some premium features, the Amazfit GTS 2 Mini is still a compelling pick in the entry-level segment. Its long-lasting battery and health features make this smartwatch ideal for fitness enthusiasts.
|Up to two weeks of battery||Lacks onboard music storage|
|Modern and lightweight||No built-in mic/speaker|
|Bright and sharp AMOLED display|
This is our roundup for the best smartwatches with long battery life in the UK. No matter which one of the five options you end up purchasing, you can look forward to owning a smart wearable that will allow you to perform basic smartphone tasks and track your health while also lasting a week or two of usage.