The best pull down projector screens can do what fixed projector screens can’t— fold back up when not in use. Hence, it only occupies wall space when you want to watch movies and shows or play games. Such projector screens have a compact casing that keeps them protected from dust. So you won’t likely need to clean it as much as a fixed screen.
Sure, you can go ahead and use your smooth white wall as a surface for your projector, but a discrete screen gives you a cleaner and more vibrant image. The pull down projector screens offers the best of both worlds, allowing you to enjoy a home theatre experience without ruining your living room decor.
Here in this guide, we have picked the best pull down projector screens you can find in the UK. Read on to discover more if you are interested.
- 1 List of the Best Pull Down Projector Screens UK
- 2 Best Pull Down Projector Screens Reviews
- 3 In summary
List of the Best Pull Down Projector Screens UK
Best Pull Down Projector Screens Reviews
It’s relatively easy to get your hands on the best pull down projector screens, thanks to their availability on Amazon UK. But before you go there on your own and shell out on any pull down projector screen, consider going through our recommendations first. We have reviewed each of them, detailing their pros and cons.
1. Duronic MPS100/169 Manual Projection Screen
- MANUAL PULL-DOWN SCREEN: Designed for ease of use, the MPS100/169 is a widescreen projector screen which can be opened and closed by using the ergonomic handle on the bottom of the screen. Simply pull it down, lock it in place and when you want to put it away release the lock and let the screen retract back into the casing. It’s so easy and simple to do, so you only need to pull the screen out as and when you need it!
- EXCEPTIONAL SCREEN DISPLAY: The MPS100 is made from a high-quality matte white coated canvas material compatible with all projectors on the market. With a +1 gain factor, projected light will be reflected back brighter by the screen creating an outstanding picture. Around the white screen is a black frame that enhances the colour and contrast of the image. The back of the screen is coloured black to stop light being lost through the screen and to prevent any light coming through from behind.
- WALL OR CEILING MOUNTABLE: This projector screen comes with a detailed easy-to-follow manual which provides a step-by-step guide to putting the screen together and installing it on a wall or ceiling. Due to the nature of this screen, we recommend that assembly and installation is done by two people. The MPS100 comes with wall fixings only. If you plan to install it on the ceiling, some additional small fixings may be needed.
- Screen Size: 100”
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Gain: 1
- Weight:95 kg
The Duronic MPS100 is a 100-inch manual pull down projector screen you can open and close with the ergonomic handle at the bottom. All you have to do is pull it down gently, lock it in place, and it’s ready for use with your projector. Once your movie night ends, release the lock and let the screen fold back into its casing. It’s as easy as that!
Duronic uses a premium matte white canvas material for all its projector screens. The MPS100 is no exception. Its +1 gain factor offers a higher perceived brightness, and the black edges boost the projection’s overall contrast and colour. The back of the screen is painted black, so you can use it in front of a window.
The MPS100 supports both wall and ceiling mount. It comes with a user manual that allows for effortless assembly. Duronic only includes wall fixings in the box, so you need to buy the fittings for ceiling installation separately.
|Spring lock mechanism||No ceiling fittings in the box|
|High-quality screen surface|
|Easy to install|
2. VonHaus 100” Pull-Down Projector Screen
- IMMERSIVE EXPERIENCE – Create that buzz of the cinema at home with a large projector screen.
- GREAT PICTURE QUALITY – Thanks to a 16:9 aspect ratio and a gain factor of 1.1, light reflection is kept to a minimum for the best possible picture quality.
- SOFT-CLOSE RETRACTION – The entire screen reels into the small top bar for convenient, discreet storage when not in use. The soft-close technology preserves the quality of the screen by maintaining control.
- Screen Size: 100”
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Weight:24 kg
This 100-inch pull down projector screen from VonHaus comes at a stellar price tag. Simply open out the massive screen with the attached cord, and it’s ready for cinema, sports, gaming, and even office/seminar presentations. The soft-close mechanism ensures that the screen slowly reels into its stainless steel casing without creasing.
Whether you have a 3D or 4K projector, this VonHaus screen is perfect for a big-screen home theatre experience. Not only does it use high-quality polyester fabric material, but the 1.1 gain factor also enhances the image. Like on the Duronic MPS100, the black borders absorb excess light from the projection to further improve the quality.
You can install the projector screen on either the wall or the ceiling, but VonHaus doesn’t include mounting hardware for any of the options. At least you do get two years of warranty.
|Perfect for home cinema viewing||No mounting hardware in the box|
|Soft-close retraction mechanism|
3. Optoma DS-9092PWC Manual Projection Screen
- 16:9 format
- Self-locking mechanism
- Dual wall and ceiling mountable
- Screen Size: 92”
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Gain: 1
- Weight:13 kg
Optoma is well-known for its high-end home theatre and office projectors. So it’s no surprise that they also make projection screens. The DS-9092PWC is a 92-inch, 16:9 pull-down screen that’s quite inexpensive and easy to operate. Its square-shaped aluminium casing is rigid, sturdy, and looks sleek in any home or office environment. It also has mounting holes for wall and ceiling installation.
The screen uses a durable, high-quality material consisting of four layers, with the top support layer being matte white fibreglass. It has high resistance to stretching, curving, and deformation. It’s also resistant to moisture and mould growth.
Not to mention, the PVC microdots on the outer surface helps produce a uniform image with a wide 160° viewing angle. It comes with an ISF certification, meaning that the screen provides accurate colour and contrast at nearly zero distortion.
The best feature of this Optoma projector screen is its self-locking mechanism, letting users lock the screen at any desired height. All you have to do is pull the screen down and hold it for three seconds, and the locking mechanism will engage automatically.
Overall, the Optoma DS-9092PWC is an excellent drop down projector screen despite its higher asking price. Plus, you get a year of warranty on this one.
|Premium glass fibre screen material||Pricey|
|The self-locking mechanism allows for limitless screen positioning|
|Sleek aluminium casing|
4. Nobo 1902393 Projection Screen
- Screen Size: 96”
- Aspect Ratio: 4:3
- Gain: 1
- Weight:14 kg
For office and classroom presentations, this pull-down projector screen from Nobo is a fantastic option. It’s also great for setting up in a movie or gaming room. It’s a 96-inch screen with a 4:3 aspect ratio, with its matte white surface providing a crisp and vibrant image. The black borders further enhance the contrast.
Since the screen is height-adjustable, you can also set it to the golden 16:10 format. Simply pull the screen up to your preferred position and lock it in place. Releasing the latch allows the screen to retract into its metal housing.
Nobo supplies a complete fixing kit for both wall and ceiling mounts. You can even use the optional extension brackets to mount the screen over a whiteboard. And lastly, you get two years of warranty on this projection screen.
|Ideal for office, seminar, and school||Packaging could be better|
|Adjustable to both 4:3 and 16:10 format|
5. PropVue 60” Projector Screen w/ Stand
- Projector screen with stand and premium wrinkle-free matte PVC on tripod gives you a proper view of movies and gaming or PowerPoint presentations in the best quality which you ever could get.
- Indoor Outdoor projection movie screen is secured by convenient tight-straps, it could be carried to backyard or auditorium in a perfectly fitted projector screen bag, its retractable and adjustable design can be easily assembled in 3 steps
- Perfect 16:9 HD projection screen gives impeccable viewing experience due to wide angle with 1.1 gain reflection and versatile height adjustment
- Screen Size: 60”
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Weight: 6 kg
If you are looking for a portable pull down projector screen, this 60-inch model from PropVue is a fantastic pick. It’s compact, lightweight, and comes with a retractable, height-adjustable tripod stand. Its other variants go up to 120 inches.
The matte PVC screen material not only has a 1.1 gain factor and 160° viewing angle, but it also stays dust and wrinkle-free. The ergonomic handle, tight straps, and overall tool-less design allow for easy deployment in a matter of a few minutes.
PropVue includes a quality carry bag for the projector screen. You will find it perfect for carrying your projector setup outdoors, on a camping trip, or to a friend’s house. The company offers a 12-month warranty for added peace of mind.
|Affordable||No cons at this price|
|It comes with a carrying bag|
For most people, these are the best pull down projector screens to buy in the UK. Whatever you end up buying, you will immediately notice an improvement in projection quality compared to using a plain white wall or a curtain as a surface.
While you are browsing, take a look at our top picks for the best electric projector screens or the best projector stands in the UK. We also have buying guides covering home theatre/portable projectors under different price points, which we also recommend checking out.