How to Pair JBL Headphones & Earbuds? JBL doesn’t necessarily make many audiophile-grade products, but they’re a well-known brand among the masses for their wireless audio devices. Chances are you’ve also recently purchased a pair of JBL headphones or earbuds, currently looking for a way to use them with your home devices.
Pairing JBL devices over Bluetooth is a straightforward process, regardless of which model you have. But for those who still can’t figure it out on their own, we’re here to help them out. In this comprehensive guide, we’ll show you how to connect JBL headphones and earbuds to various devices, including your smartphone, tablet, computer, and smart TV.
- 1 Turning on Pairing Mode on JBL Headphones & Earbuds
- 2 How to Pair JBL Headphones / Earbuds with Android Phones & Tablets
- 3 Pair JBL Headphones / Earbuds with iPhone & iPad
- 4 Pair JBL Headphones / Earbuds with Windows PCs & Laptops
- 5 Pairing JBL Headphones / Earbuds with Mac Devices
- 6 Pairing JBL Headphones / Earbuds with Smart TVs
- 6.1 Pair JBL Headphones to Android TV / Google TV / NVIDIA SHIELD
- 6.2 Pair JBL Headphones to Fire TV
- 6.3 Pair JBL Headphones to Roku
- 6.4 Pair JBL Headphones to Apple TV HD / Apple TV 4K
- 6.5 Pairing JBL Headphones to LG (WebOS / Select Models Only)
- 6.6 Pairing JBL Headphones to Samsung (Tizen OS / Select Models Only)
- 7 Conclusion
Turning on Pairing Mode on JBL Headphones & Earbuds
Before you proceed, you’ll need to know how to put JBL headphones in pairing mode. The process slightly varies between different models, but it’s mostly the same.
If you got a pair of JBL headphones, start by pressing the Power button to turn it on. The status LED on your headphones should flash a few times. JBL headphones without an LED indicator usually plays an audio cue.
Most models automatically switch to pairing mode after a few seconds. If not, look for a dedicated Pair button on your headphones and press it once. Or else, check the user manual provided in the box to turn on pairing mode.
This process is practically effortless for owners of truly-wireless JBL earbuds. All you have to do is open the charging case, and the earbuds should immediately go into pairing mode. Some models may have a dedicated Pair button on the earbuds’ charging case, which you may have to press and hold to turn on pairing mode.
Since you’re now familiar with the process, let us move on to the rest of the guide to pairing JBL earbuds and headphones with various devices.
How to Pair JBL Headphones / Earbuds with Android Phones & Tablets
If you have a Pixel, Samsung, OnePlus, or another Android smartphone, follow the steps as shown below to pair your JBL headphones or earbuds.
- First, put your JBL product in pairing mode. You can follow the instructions in the previous section for that.
- Now swipe down from the top of your Android home screen. Then, tap and hold the Bluetooth QS tile. Alternatively, go to the Bluetooth menu from the Settings app.
- In the following Bluetooth menu, tap the Pair new device option. Your device will start searching for your wireless JBL headphones or earbuds.
- When you see the model name of your JBL device (e.g., JBL Live 650BT) under “Available devices,” tap it to pair with your Android phone and go through the rest of the on-screen prompts.
And that’s how simple the JBL Bluetooth headphones pairing process is with modern Android smartphones. The steps may slightly vary depending on your device manufacturer and Android skin (e.g., MIUI, OneUI, ColorOS), but they should apply to most devices anyway.
Easier Method: Use Fast Pair
Another way to pairing JBL earbuds or headphones with your Android phone is to use Google’s Fast Pair feature, a proprietary Bluetooth quick-pairing standard currently supported by a dozen JBL wireless headphones, earbuds, and in-ear monitors.
To check whether your JBL audio accessory works with the feature, look for the “Fast Pair” or “Made for Google” label on the box. Here’s how you can use Fast Pair to connect JBL headphones and earbuds to phones running Android 6.0 or higher:
- Put your JBL accessory in pairing mode and make sure you’ve enabled Bluetooth and Location (GPS) on your Android phone.
- After a few seconds, you’ll receive a pop-up notification regarding the pairing request. Proceed with the Tap to Pair option, and you’ll see a “Pairing complete” notification.
- If your JBL headphones/earbuds require first-time setup, tap the Set up now option and follow the in-app instructions.
- If you don’t receive the pairing request notification for some reason, go to Settings > Connected devices and select your JBL accessory under “Nearby devices.”
It’s worth noting that your JBL headphones or earbuds will link to your Google account when you connect with Fast Pair. As an added benefit, your other connected devices can identify your newly paired JBL audio device and notify you to pair it automatically.
If you have an Android tablet that you want to pair with your JBL headphones, simply follow the steps above.
Pair JBL Headphones / Earbuds with iPhone & iPad
Whether you have an iPhone, iPad, or even an iPod touch, the process to pair JBL headphones or earbuds is quite simple. Sure, it isn’t as seamless as pairing AirPods or Beats accessories with the integrated W1 or H1 chip, but all it takes is a few easy-to-follow steps.
- Go to the Settings app from your iPhone or iPad Home Screen, then visit the Bluetooth menu.
- Tap the slider icon to turn on Bluetooth. In the meantime, place your JBL headphones or earbuds in pairing mode.
- Once the model name of your JBL product appears on-screen, tap it to pair.
- Should you get a prompt for a PIN or passcode, enter “0000” or “1234” to continue. If that doesn’t work, check the quick start guide provided with your JBL accessory.
Once you pair your JBL headphones or earbuds, you can use it with your iPhone or iPad. It’ll also auto-connect to your Apple device the next time you power it on.
However, depending on the apps you use, you may receive an alert that needs you to give permissions to the app to use Bluetooth before you can connect your JBL headphones. Simply go to the Settings > Privacy > Bluetooth menu on iOS or iPadOS to enable Bluetooth for the apps you wish to use.
Pair JBL Headphones / Earbuds with Windows PCs & Laptops
Not only does Windows allow pairing keyboard, mouse, and other input devices over Bluetooth, but it also lets users connect wireless headphones and earbuds.
If you have a Windows PC or laptop with Bluetooth built-in or a Bluetooth adapter, read on through the following steps to pair your JBL accessory with it. We’ve included step-by-step instructions for both Windows 10 and 11.
- Head over to the Start menu and open the Settings app.
- Next, go to the Bluetooth & devices menu from the sidebar.
- Click the toggle switch next to Bluetooth to turn it on.
Alternatively, click the Network icon next to the date and time indicator on your taskbar and select Bluetooth to enable it.
- Turn on pairing mode on your JBL device to make it discoverable to your Windows PC or laptop.
- Now click View more devices, followed by the Add Device button.
- Select Bluetooth in the following window, then choose your JBL headphones’ model name from the list.
- Once you see the “Your device is ready to go” message, click Done.
The next time you wish to connect your JBL headphones or earbuds to your Windows PC, visit the Settings > Bluetooth & devices > Devices menu. You should be able to select it from the “Audio” category.
- Go to the Settings app from the Start menu.
- Visit the Devices menu and select Bluetooth & other devices in the sidebar.
- Click the slider next to Bluetooth to enable it.
Or, go to the Action Center from the right side of your taskbar and select the Bluetooth tile to turn it on.
- Put your JBL accessory in pairing mode, then click “Add Bluetooth or other device” in Settings.
- Select Bluetooth in the following window that appears, and choose your JBL model name from the results.
- Finally, click Done when you see the “Your device is ready to go” prompt.
If audio still plays back through your PC or laptop speakers, tap the Sound icon in the taskbar and select your JBL headphones or earbuds from the list of playback devices.
Pairing JBL Headphones / Earbuds with Mac Devices
Like Windows, macOS allows users to connect wireless audio devices via Bluetooth. While it’s so much easier to pair Apple’s first-party audio accessories with a MacBook, Mac mini, or iMac, you can also pair your JBL headphones or earbuds in just a few steps.
- First, make your JBL accessory discoverable by putting it in pairing mode. You’ll find the instructions for that at the beginning of this guide.
- Open the Control Centre from the menu bar and click the Bluetooth icon. Alternatively, click the Bluetooth logo in the menu bar.
- Select your JBL device from the list and click Connect. Wait for it to get paired with your Mac.
Once connected, your JBL headphones or earbuds will be used as the audio output device for your Mac computer until you disconnect it.
For those who don’t see the Bluetooth status logo in the menu bar, go to the Apple menu > System Preferences, select Bluetooth and check the box next to the “Show Bluetooth in menu bar” option.
Pairing JBL Headphones / Earbuds with Smart TVs
If you’re looking for a private viewing session in your living room, or you don’t want to disturb your significant other in the house, pairing your JBL headphones or earbuds with your smart TV, set-top box, or media streaming stick isn’t a bad idea.
Whether you have Android TV, Fire TV, Roku, or Apple TV, we’ve included detailed instructions to help you connect JBL headphones with any of the following devices.
However, not all smart TV devices support wireless audio streaming over Bluetooth, so make sure to check whether the particular model you own supports the A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile) Bluetooth profile beforehand.
Pair JBL Headphones to Android TV / Google TV / NVIDIA SHIELD
- Move to your profile picture in the top-right corner of your Google TV home screen and select Settings.
If you’re still using Android TV, simply click the Settings (cog) icon in the upper-right corner of the home screen.
- Next, scroll down and select the Remote & Accessories option. Put your JBL headphones/earbuds in pairing mode in the meantime.
- Click Pair remote or accessory in the following menu, then choose your JBL model name from the list of scanned devices.
- Finally, click Pair on the pairing request screen.
The next time you want to connect your JBL headphones to your Android TV or Google TV, go to Settings > Remote & Accessories, choose it from under the “Accessories” list, and click Connect.
Must See – Best Monster Headphones
Pair JBL Headphones to Fire TV
- Scroll to the Settings menu from the Fire TV home screen.
- Now keep scrolling and go into the Controller & Bluetooth Devices menu.
- Turn on pairing mode on your JBL headphones. Once it appears in the “Discovered Devices” list, select it and wait for the pairing process to finish up.
Voila! Your Fire TV device will start streaming audio your JBL headphones or earbuds once they’re connected. When you’re done watching, simply power off to disconnect them from the Fire TV.
Pair JBL Headphones to Roku
You can use the official Roku mobile app to use your smartphone or tablet as a wireless audio transmitter between your JBL headphones and Roku streaming media player. The process goes as follows:
- Start with downloading the latest version of the Roku app on your Android or iOS device.
- Launch the app and follow the on-screen instructions (i.e., logging into your Roku account) to set it up.
- Next, pair your JBL headphones or earbuds with your Android device or iPhone by following the instructions previously given in this guide.
- Return to the Roku mobile app and go to the Devices menu from the bottom bar.
- Now select your Roku device (e.g., Roku Ultra) from the list and tap the Remote button.
- Lastly, tap the headphones button on the virtual remote control UI.
If everything goes right, you should see a headphones icon in the top-right corner of your Roku Home screen, indicating that “Private Listening” is activated. It’s worth mentioning that all current-gen Roku devices are compatible with this particular feature.
Pair JBL Headphones to Apple TV HD / Apple TV 4K
- Begin with putting your JBL headphones/earbuds in pairing mode.
- Go to the Settings menu on your Apple TV, followed by Remote and Devices > Bluetooth.
- Once your Apple TV finishes searching for nearby Bluetooth devices, select your JBL headphones’ name from the “Other Devices” list. If required, enter a 4-digit PIN for the pairing request.
The next time you wish to connect your JBL headphones to your Apple TV, visit the Bluetooth menu in Settings and select them in “My Devices.”
Pairing JBL Headphones to LG (WebOS / Select Models Only)
- Activate pairing mode on your JBL headphones.
- Bring up the Settings menu from your LG TV’s home screen, then go to the Advanced Settings.
- After that, head over to the Sound menu and choose Sound Out.
- Now select LG Sound Sync Bluetooth and click the Detect option.
- Finally, choose your JBL headphone model name from the list to pair.
Pairing JBL Headphones to Samsung (Tizen OS / Select Models Only)
- First, put your JBL headphone in pairing mode.
- Use the Smart Remote to go to the Home > Settings > Sound menu on your Samsung TV.
- Select the Sound Output option and then open the Bluetooth Speaker List.
- Choose your JBL accessory name from the list and wait for the pairing to finish up.
You May Like – Best Noise Cancelling Headphones
If you’re looking for a way to connect your new JBL headphones or earbuds to a vast range of devices, you’ll most definitely find this guide helpful. We’ve given step-by-step instructions that you can follow to pair your JBL headphones with devices running Android, iOS, iPadOS, Windows, macOS, Android TV, Fire OS, Roku OS, tvOS, etc.